The Mx Thing
Who lets you be non-binary
Here's the website where I write down my experiences trying to maintain a non-binary identity as a UK resident. If I start getting contributions from other countries, this website will get more useful and I can drop this caveat (so please contribute if you can).
Another caveat: I am interpreting "prefer not to say" as a non-binary option in both gender and title fields. This might not make you happy, but it's enough for me; ditto fields being optional.
A cravat: A frilly necktie.
Please contribute if you can via the GitHub (either as issues or pull requests) or send a message to email@example.com.
- Finance (inc. Natwest, Monzo, Jaja, etc.)
- Loyalty/Points and Discount Cards (inc. Nectar, Tesco Clubcard, Co-op membership, etc.)
- General Online Shopping (inc. Argos, Hotel Chocolat, Wiggle, HMV)
- Supermarkets (inc. Morrisons, Iceland, Tesco, Ocado, etc.)
- Insurance comparison sites (Compare the Market and Gocompare.com)
- Insurance companies themselves (currently just A Choice)
- Video-on-demand websites (inc. BBC, ITV, Crunchyroll, etc.)
- Courier websites (currently just Royal Mail)
- Train Operator Websites (for buying tickets) (featuring all train operators and some third parties)
- Railcards (varies by railcard)
- Sleeper Trains (detailed report)
- Hotels (inc. Premier inn, holidaycottages.co.uk, etc)
- Council services (currently only certain Cheshire East and Cheshire West & Chester services)
- Food and drink apps (currently only Wetherspoons)
- UK Government Services (currently only DVLA vehicle tax)
- Recruitment/careers websites (currently only Deutsche Bahn AG Group but requesting submissions)
- Utilities (OVO, SSE, Outfox the Market)
- Others (IPA, Blood.co.uk, Petlog)
I'll keep this updated whenever I have to pick a title or a gender. If you find this website useful, please tell other people about it if you're comfortable with that, or maybe send me a message on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mx. Peter Shillito
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.